Dr. Vernon Sheen offers dental implants in his Annapolis, MD dentist office. The benefits of dental implants compared to other dental restorations are extensive. Dental implants are the most natural-looking and innovative solution for replacing missing teeth. The dental implant procedure has significantly improved and now holds about a 98% success rate.
With proper care and biannual visits to Dr. Sheen, your dental implants can last forever. Dental implants can be used to replace one missing tooth, several missing teeth or to secure a denture when an entire arch of teeth have been lost or extracted. They provide a stable, confident and completely functional solution that will also support healthy bone growth in the jaw to maintain your natural appearance and profile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
• A dental implant will look, feel, fit and function just like your natural teeth especially when compared to dentures or a dental bridge. They are strong and stable and the next best thing to your real teeth.
• Dental implants are durable and last longer than other dental restorations. The other options offered at our Annapolis, MD dentist office for missing teeth, such as dentures, will eventually need replaced. That cost can add up over a lifetime. When properly placed and cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
• A face without teeth will appear sunken and can add years to your appearance. Dental implants help keep the natural shape of your face and lower jaw area. With dental implants, your smile will also appear more natural.
• If you’re missing a tooth or multiple teeth, that void can cause bone loss and deterioration in your jawbone. Dental implants are the only option for missing teeth that stimulates the jaw bone which helps stimulate bone growth. This will help prevent bone loss.
• The simple task of talking with removable options for missing teeth can be embarrassing because they sometimes slip or do not fit correctly. Dental implants are permanent and do not slip thus making speaking a lot easier.
• Traditional restorations come with some eating restrictions making it difficult to maintain a healthy diet. Dentures will deliver about a 30-40% normal chewing function. With dental implants there are no restrictions on what you can eat since they are durable, stable and permanent.
• A tooth-supported dental bridge requires grinding down your healthy teeth in order to provide a place to attach the bridge. You’re essentially damaging your healthy teeth in order to provide a replacement for the missing tooth. A dental implant is surgically placed only the space where the missing tooth is located leaving your healthy teeth alone.
• The constant worry that your dentures may fall out while talking or eating can make social situation intimidating. This leads to feeling uncomfortable in public or around other people. Dental implants are permanent and release a person from that constant worry.